Make even larger quantities for gifting this easy microwave treat by skipping the jellyroll pan and covering your counter with parchment. It’ll take longer to harden at room temperature, but you can make large batches without pans or the refrigerator.
- 1 (16-oz.) package vanilla candy coating, chopped
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzel sticks
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy cane
- Step 1: Microwave candy coating in a 1-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Step 2: Spread half of melted candy coating about 1/8 inch thick in a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pretzels and 1/3 cup chopped candy canes over melted candy coating and press into coating. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients on another parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Chill 5 minutes or until cool and firm. Break into pieces.
- Step 3: Note: We tested with Log House Candiduric Vanilla Candy Coating and Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract.