- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup water
- 5 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bars, broken into small pieces
- Step 1: Line a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans to within 1 inch of edges.
- Step 2: Bring sugar, butter, and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 12 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310° (hard crack stage). Pour over pecans, sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Chill 30 minutes. Break up toffee using a mallet or rolling pin. Store in an airtight container.